Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Women with Style: Amanda Puck

For this week's "Women with Style" feature, I sat down with my friend and Chicago businesswoman Amanda Puck.  In addition to being an extremely fashionable and stylish woman, Amanda has made quite a name for herself in the Chicago business world.  The former, and Emmy Award winning, host of WTTW's Check, Please!, Amanda now serves as the EVP of PR for the Experiential Agency, one of the city's leading PR firms.  I've always admired her style, as well as her business savvy, so I couldn't wait to pick her brain - hope you enjoy the interview!   

Barbara: What is your definition of style?
Amanda Puck:  Style is easy, chic and glamorous, it’s a true form of expression.  It's also about bending the rules a little bit, like sequins for day.
 
B:  What is the one item that you can't live without in your closet? 
AP:  It is, and always will be, my Faliero Sarti scarf I bought at L'Eclaireur in Paris.  I wear it almost every day and it goes with me everywhere.  It’s a light gray cashmere with silver metallic sparkle.  It also reminds of what a great time I have when I go there.
 
B:  Finish this sentence: "A perfect outfit for me is..."
AP:  My YSL black jersey dress and fun high heels, always.  Or anything with sequins …
 
B:  Where is your favorite place to shop in Chicago?
AP: I love to shop at The 900 Shops for DVF, dresses at Club Monaco and Fogal for the best tights and underpinnings.  Jake for designers like Alexander Wang and Christopher Deane, and YSL for classic pieces, cocktail dresses and shoes.  I also love vintage – Sofia Vintage, Ravenswood Antique Market and Lulu at the Belle Kay for fun finds …
 
B:  What trend would you like to see disappear?
AP:  I used to think it was leggings, but they are the most versatile, and comfortable, part of my wardrobe.
 
B:  Tell me something about you that would surprise people.
AP:  I won an Emmy when I hosted Check, Please! on WTTW.  When friends see it in my home, they always think it’s fake.  But, its not!

Special thanks again to Amanda Puck for being such an inspiration and an absolute joy to work with!  

2 comments: