Monday, October 5, 2009

Think Pink

This week I had to take another mammogram test after a concern over my last test in the past ten days. As I sat in my green robe, along with seven other anxious-looking women dressed with identical robes, I was hopeful that we would all receive good news. After close to four hours, repeated mammogram testing and an ultra-sound, the radiologist gave me the happy news that I didn't need to return until next year. While all this was extremely stressful, I couldn't help but acknowledge how lucky women are today to have all the latest equipment to determine early detection of breast cancer along with our own monthly self exams.

Hopefully one day, with continued research and awareness, we will find a cure. Please encourage all your female friends to get a mammogram.

Take care of yourselves; we deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment