Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Women with Style: Julie Darling

Some women are born talented, some are born beautiful and in Julie's case, she was also born with an amazing sense of style that flatters her body & lifestyle.

Julie Darling first made a name for herself in Chicago as a model which she continues to do for the past 20 years. Moving on she was tapped to open the Chicago office of Gen Art as the Director in 2002 for 2.5 years & put GenArt on the map here. Today she is an Event Marketer and Publicist in the Lifestyle and Luxury arena with a philosophy to  expose the right consumers to the right concept. Some of her  Clients include the opening of Piazza Sempione. Another client, Lake Forest Sportscars, are one of the lead sponsors to bringing back the Oak Street Fashion Show with Modern Luxury as their media partner.

Recently I sat down with my friend Julie to unfold some of the answers to defining her style.

Barbara Glass: What is your definition of style?  
Julie Darling: Classic and timeless with a bit of a twist. For instance, narrow black pants and fitted sweater with blue/black animal print Lanvin pumps to keep it interesting".

BG: What is the one item that you can't live without in your closet? 
JD:  Like many women it's the perfect oversized handbag. Right now it's one from Cole Haan. Yes, I'm guilty of carrying everything but I'm ready to get on a plane at a moments notice which has happened recently!"

BG:  Finish this sentence: "A perfect outfit for me is..."
JD:  The little black dress, Hermes scarf tied on my handbag, black stiletto pumps" - "Sexy, confident, timeless, and perfect for any occasion.

BG: Where is your favorite place to shop in Chicago?
JD:  Barney's with my favorite fashion expert Cuetrice "Q" Scott". "Hands down he is the quintessential stylist. He understands my personal style and he understands lines in almost an architectural sense.  He knows what will work without me being there to try things on.

BG:  What trend would you like to see disappear?
JD:  Anything that it baggy, unfitted and loose". "A woman should show her shape. 

BG:  Tell me something about you that would surprise people.
JD:  I'm an avid animal lover and have a 120 lb Newfoundland named Lola. If I wasn't a publicist and an event marketer I'd own a doggy day care with all the amenities as well as food, toys, clothing.
 
Thanks again Julie for such a great interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment